TYE, Tools for Youth Exchanges, is for youth leaders and youth workers to explore, share and adapt tools that can be useful to improve their youth exchange projects.
Youth Exchanges are a great opportunity for youngsters as they allow groups of people from different countries to meet, live together and work on shared projects for short periods. Furthermore the activities carried out are different and meaningful, such as:
- outdoor activities.
Youth exchanges last between 5 and 21 days (excluding traveling time). They are open to people between the ages of 13 and 30. In addition it is also possible to apply as group leader if at least 18 years old. Youth organisations and informal groups of young people are the players that manage Youth Exchanges. Find more information about Youth Exchanges here.
A Youth Exchange needs content – behind the content are tools. Tools for Youth Exchanges is a training that enables participants to explore tools around group processes, (intercultural) learning, involvement of young people and how to facilitate these tools during a youth exchange.
TYE Training Online Course on Youth Exchanges
For this reason, TYE has launched a Training Course online, that answers those needs.
The topics of the Course will be:
- Interactive, diverse and engaging online learning experiences, tools and activities;
- Practical preparation for a new generation of Erasmus+, especially Youth Exchanges;
- Content about Erasmus+ accreditation and strategic approach to international youth work;
- Individual and group coaching to support participants in applying learning to practice.
The Course values important topics that could be a great resource for any organisation already undergoing, or willing to do, Youth Exchanges. Specifically, it might be useful to go deeper into how to increase awareness of group processes and group development online and offline, and to develop competences in designing and facilitating educational workshops online and offline. Plus, the Course explores explore digital and non-digital tools to:
- support the learning process, including debriefing and recognition of learning;
- explore tools and models that promote intercultural learning and dialogue;
- experience online methodologies and approaches in support of realising a youth exchange project – virtual or in-person;
- develop strategic approaches to international youth work, including understanding of Erasmus+ accreditation;
- prepare for the new generation of Erasmus+, especially Youth Exchanges.
Through S.A.L.T.O., TYE has organised 6 webinars in the span of 3 weeks between 23 Feb-15 Mar 2021. The webinars will take place on the following dates:
- February 23rd, 2021
- March 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 2021
The webinars will last up to 2 hours at 10.00 to 12.00 Brussels time / 9.00 to 11.00 Dublin time / 11.00 to 13.00 Athens time.
The training course is mostly for voluntary and professional youth workers, working directly with young people and who have had experiences with ERASMUS+ Youth in Action. Finally, participants must be at least 18 years old and have a good level of English.
To register for the webinars go to website.