YOUCAN (Youth Migrant Dropout Tackling: Capacity Building) is a project under the Key Action 2 of the Erasmus Plus programme for the Cooperation Partnership in school education.
The project has been submitted to the Call for Proposals 2021 (Round 1) to the Belgian National Agency (Agence francophone pour l’éducation et la formation tout au long de la vie – AEF-Europe) by Ecepaa, the coordinating organisation, and reunites in its consortium organisations and entities from Italy, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, and Greece.
The project has been approved in February 2022, and the consortium has then started its implementation onward.
YOUCAN (Youth Migrant Dropout Tackling: Capacity Building)
- opened synergies and reinforced cooperation with local organisations/partners active in the fields of education, training and youth or in other socio-economic sectors, strengthening collaboration among all actors within schools, as well as with families and other external stakeholders;
- an increased allocation of financial resources (other than EU funds) to organise EU/international projects in the field of education, training and youth;
- an increased quality in the preparation, implementation, monitoring and follow-up of EU/international projects and increased capacity and professionalism to work at EU/international level( improved management competences and internationalisation strategies).
- 3 Transnational Project Meetings in Turin (Italy), Brussels (Belgium) and Milan (Italy);
- 6 Organisation-to-Organisations tailored Trainings during which a participant will be taking part in a week of training in another organisation of the consortium;
- 6 Local Multiplier Events and 1 Final Multiplier Event in Portugal, Italy, Spain, Greece and Belgium;
- 1 Learning, Teaching, Training event to train over the use of the Toolkit.
The final outputs of the project are:
- YOUCAN best practices publication: to identify best practices coming from projects that have focused on the importance of cross-sectoral cooperation to address youth with migrant dropout from school.
- YOUCAN toolkit publication: the toolkit will train members of the participating organisations in increasing the quality in the preparation, implementation, monitoring and follow-up of EU/international projects and increased capacity and professionalism to work at EU/international level by better knowing the project cycle management.
The partners of the project come from Belgium, Italy, Greece, Spain and Portugal, and represent different realities dealing with migrant youth.
Fundación Red Incola (Spain)
Cámara Caceres (Spain)