Capacity-building projects in the field of higher education support the modernisation, accessibility and internationalisation of higher education in Partner Countries.
The projects aims to encourage cooperation between the EU and Partner Countries in the management and governance of their higher education institutions. This includes:
- Improving the quality of higher education,
- Developing new and innovative education programmes,
- Modernising higher education systems through reform policies
- Fostering cooperation across different regions of the world through joint initiatives.
There are 2 types of capacity-building projects:
- Joint projects: aimed at organisations to help improve curriculums, governance, and the strengthening of relations between higher education systems.
- Structural projects: aimed at promoting reforms in higher education systems, modernising policies, governance and strengthening relations between higher education systems and the wider economic and social environment.
WHAT’S NEW IN 2020’S CALL?
- Syria is not allowed to participate in Structural Projects
- Organisations from Chile and Uruguay are eligible as full partners in proposals but not as applicant or coordinating institution
- A new cross-cutting priority on climate has been introduced. Special attention will be given to projects addressing “climate change prevention, adaption and mitigation strategies”
- In accordance with the Financial Regulation of the EU, grants cannot be awarded retroactively. This means that activities covered by the grant can only be implemented and costs incurred as from the date on which the last party has signed the grant agreement.
- The template for the Detailed Budget of the action has been updated to reflect recent changes.
- A new model for the Declaration on Honour has been provided and must be used to comply with the new financial regulations of the European Union.
The deadline to apply is on 05/02/20 – 17:00 (CET/CEST, Brussels time). Organisations wishing to apply are required to submit their application online to the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency using the correct electronic form and including all requested annexes. Check the complete call, annexes and application details HERE.