The European Commission launches Consumer Change Challenge to push youth organizations to rethink the world of consumers.
Consumer Change Challenge is an initiative launched by the European Commission, which invites youth and consumer organizations to share their ideas and turn them into videos that can address important consumer issues, and that give consumers the opportunity to make informed decisions.
Who can participate?
- The Competition is open to representatives of:
- Youth organisations – including youth clubs and youth centres – operating at local, national, European or cross border level focusing on providing activities and services for young people
- Consumer organisations that are non–governmental, non-profit, independent from industry
- Participating organizations should operate in one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom
How to participate?
Participants must create and submit the idea for a 60-second video on one of the following topics:
- Financial Literacy
- Internet Safety
- Data Protection
- Sustainable Consumption
Creative ideas are welcome, although priority will be given to ideas taking a financial angle to any of the above topics.
If you are one of four winners (one for each of the four video topics) you will:
- See your idea turned into a video developed by highly experienced video producers using the latest state-of-art technology
- Get to educate your target audience along with millions of citizens across Europe on topics that matter to your organisation and your members at no cost to you.
- Receive credit in the video: your organisation’s logo and reference to your winning idea will appear in the video.
- See the video translated in 25 languages (subtitles and voiceovers) and promoted across all EU Member States, UK, Norway and Iceland.
- Enjoy substantial free publicity via the video in the form of both online and offline advertising campaigns.
- Receive a prestigious trophy.
The Competition is open for participation until Friday 12 June (midnight CEST).
To find out more details about the competition rules check HERE