International Training of Trainers
¨Make it Visible¨
– approaches and activities on how to work with young people the topic of (invisible) racism –
When: 5-30 of April 2021
Where: ZOOM and Youth-MOOC.eu platform
Nº of participants: 50
Eligible countries: 27 EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, North Macedonia, and Turkey
Working language: English
Application deadline: 12th of March 2021
Date of selection: 19th of March 2021
About the Course
This course is implemented in the framework of the STAR project – Stand Together Against Racism, which is a 3-year collaboration among 4 partners from Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, and Poland, with the aim to counter invisible racism and other forms of intolerance in the everyday lives of young people, including hate speech, through preventive measures, youth work, and non-formal education. Within 2 years of the project, the partner organisations worked with young people on the local level testing and upscaling approaches and tools, and in the last year of the project, we aim to share them with youth work practitioners. More information about the project here.
With this training, we aim to develop trainers´ competences as well as competencies for using and adapting tools and approaches developed within STAR project and to enable participants to run antiracist activities with young people.
- Develop/improve trainers’ competencies especially connected with understanding and facilitating individual and group learning processes and designing educational programmes
- Build comprehensive understanding of invisible racism and how it needs to be tackled in the overall framework of antiracist work
- Explore main topics connected with antiracist work – hate speech, microaggressions, power relations, prejudices and stereotypes, emotional awareness and good treatment
- Learn how to use the manual CONSTELLATIONS in training and youth work.
- Empower participants to run antiracist activities with young people and encourage cooperation and develop common antiracist actions in their local environment/communities together with “racialized” people
How the Training Will Be Organized
The course is composed of two parts – 20 hours will be implemented in the form of ZOOM meetings in real time, and 20 hours will be done on a self-paced basis via the www.youth-mooc.eu platform. For the ZOOM meetings there will be two alternative groups created: one with training sessions in the mornings, and second with training sessions in the afternoons. In the application form you can specify which slot works better for you, but once you are assigned to a group there will be no possibility of changing your timetable.
|Date||Group 1||Group 2|
|April 5th 2021||10:00 – 14:00 CET||15:00 – 19:00 CET|
|April 6h 2021||10:00 – 13:00 CET||16:00 – 19:00 CET|
|April 8th 2021||10:00 – 13:00 CET||16:00 – 19:00 CET|
10 hours of self-paced work through the youth-mooc.eu platform
|Date||Group 1||Group 2|
|April 19th 2021||10:00 – 14:00 CET||15:00 – 19:00 CET|
|April 20th 2021||10:00 – 13:00 CET||16:00 – 19:00 CET|
|April 22nd 2021||10:00 – 13:00 CET||16:00 – 19:00 CET|
10 hours of individual work through the youth-mooc.eu platform.
Moreover, once selected you will receive a package (by post) with the manual CONSTELLATIONS and a small surprise.
The course is meant for junior trainers and educators interested in doing antiracist education. The requirement is to have at least some practical experience in planning and running a training process. In order to participate you need to have a stable internet connection and possibility to participate in the meetings with camera and microphone on. We encourage applications from people from minority communities, including, but not limited to ethnic minorities (particularly Roma), people with immigrant background, LGBTI people.
- Motivation to take part in the training
- Availability to take part in the full duration of the course
- Capacity to multiply and use the results in their daily work with young people
- Having experience as a trainer in at least one training course
- Being over 18 years old
- Being able to communicate in English
We will try to ensure balance in terms of countries and experiences of participants.
Participants are entitled to receive a Youthpass certificate from the organisers, for recognition of their competencies development during the activity. The certificates will be issued upon completion of all the tasks in the platform and participation in at least 80% of real-time ZOOM meetings.
The training course is co-financed by Erasmus+ and therefore free of charge for the participants.
Link to application form: https://forms.gle/5SF7G3iaZQcA3UwbA