318 MILLIONS OF EURO ARE WAITING FOR PROJECT PROPOSALS UNDER THE
HORIZON 2020 CHALLENGE 5
“Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials”
The call, open in the form of a Challenge, is open to scientists, researches and businesses, and its goal is to increase European competitiveness, raw materials security and improve wellbeing. Also, the activities should assure environmental integrity, resilience, and sustainability with the aim of keeping average global warming below 2°C and enabling ecosystems and society to adapt to climate change and other environmental changes.
This Challenge funds research and innovation with the following specific objectives:
- to achieve a resource – and water-efficient and climate change resilient economy and society,
- the protection and sustainable management of natural resources and ecosystems,
- sustainable supply and use of raw materials, in order to meet the needs of a growing global population within the sustainable limits of the planet’s natural resources and eco-systems.
Innovation in these fields will provide opportunities for growth and jobs, as well as innovative options involving science, technology including ICT, the economy, society, policy, and governance.
Research and innovation will cover the following broad lines of activities:
- Climate Action – Informed decisions for a climate-resilient low-carbon society
- Cultural Heritage – Engaging a new cultural heritage agenda for economic growth
- Earth Observations – Crucial info on climate, energy, natural hazards and another societal challenge
- Nature-Based Solutions – Providing viable solutions of natural ecosystems
- Systemic Eco-Innovation – Generating and sharing economic and environmental benefits
You can submit your proposals by 13 February 2020.
For more information about the calls in Horizon2020 click HERE
To learn more about the Horizon2020 programme click HERE