Every year the European Commission rewards organisations whose projects support social inclusion through sport carried out in the Erasmus+ Programme countries, through the EU Sports Awards.
EU Sports Awards
If your organisation runs projects promoting inclusion through sport with the purpose of giving sport the recognition of being a powerful tool for breaking down social barriers, bringing people together and building a more inclusive world, be ready to be nominated!
To be nominated for the #BeInclusive prizes your project should involve:
- disadvantaged, marginalised or underprivileged groups such as individuals with difficult social, economic or educational backgrounds;
- people with a disability and/or health challenges;
- people from a different cultural background such as migrants, refugees, ethnic minorities or people living with geographical barriers and more.
The awards should also support gender equality and contribute to peace through the integration of migrants and refugees.
Prizes will be given in the following categories:
- Promoting gender equality in sport “Be Equal” (projects promoting the empowerment and participation of women and girls in sport)
- Sport for peace (projects using sport as a vehicle to promote peace and European values)
- Breaking barriers in sport (projects that show inspiration, giving positive examples of empowerment and role models from groups with fewer opportunities that step up and lead change)
A winner and two finalists (ranked 2nd and 3rd) will be announced at a special awards ceremony. The three winners will receive € 10,000 each and the 6 runners-up will receive €2,500 each.
Deadline to submit projects is 29 September 2022.
All details on how to take part are available here.