The European Commission will run an Education and Innovation Summit on June 23rd 2022 from 10 to 6pm, online.
The Education and Innovation Summit
Education is central for developing, disseminating and valorising knowledge and innovation, for building innovative pedagogies, as well as nurturing talents.
Higher education institutions have a unique position at the crossroads of education, research, innovation. They serve society and the economy, and play a critical role in achieving the European Education Area and the European Research Area, in synergy with the European Higher Education Area.
The Education and Innovation Summit will bring together key actors from the world of Education and Innovation to share knowledge and inspiring experiences on innovative education practices and on building bridges between the education and higher education communities, and their surrounding innovation ecosystems. Together, the participants will discuss
- the role of higher education institutions as drivers of innovation
- the importance of enabling creativity, stimulate vocations, and foster entrepreneurship competences of learners at all education levels
- concrete steps to enhance innovation in higher education teaching and learning
These exchanges will provide input to the implementation and further development of innovation actions under the European Strategy for Universities and the upcoming Innovation Agenda.
The Education and Innovation Summit will bring together
- representatives from innovative higher education institutions across the EU
- representatives of 41 European Universities alliances
- representatives of European Innovative Higher Education Institutions
- start-ups, entrepreneurs and companies
- students and school education representatives
How To Participate
Watch the event online on 23 June 2022, 10:00-18:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST). The web streaming will be available in English on this page shortly before the event.