Rural Youth Europe is recruiting a new part time project manager to join their team starting from January 2021. The position will be based at the organisation’s office in Helsinki, Finland but some of the work can be done remotely and does not necessarily require daily commuting to the office.
Rural Youth Europe is a European Non-Governmental Organisation for Rural Youth, an umbrella organisation for 22 organisations from 16 European countries. Our main focus is organising international events for multipliers in rural youth work. RYEurope works to enhance the lives of rural young people through providing intercultural learning opportunities which encourage advocacy and respect for others.
The project manager will be in charge of the implementation of the COCOREADO project, the project communication and development.
COCOREADO is a project designed to rebalance the position of the farmer as an individual actor, as a key player in innovative food supply chains and as a supplier for public procurement. The project starts on the 1st of January 2021.
The core activities for the candidate concern communication, networking and organisation of knowledge transfer from science to practitioners:
- Communication of activities within COCOREADO project to both the network of RYEurope and the European stakeholders
- Organisation of workshops, both at the local level and at the European level
- Attending of project meetings, including meetings abroad
- Assisting the Secretary General and the Board with administrative tasks
- Cooperating with the RYEurope team to build connections with the project and our regular activities and events
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in agriculture, communication, education, NGO work or other relevant area
- Strong affinity with rural issues
- Interested to work in an international and multicultural environment around agriculture and food.
- Interest and/or experience in working in an international NGO
- Strong communication skills in both spoken and written English
- Good networking skills
- Team player, able to work independently and respecting strict deadlines, inherent to European project work
- Ability to be flexible with work hours from time to time, and ability to join the team’s online meetings outside office hours
If you want to read more about this opportunity – click here!
The applications are open until the 15th November.