If you are a non-profit organisation based in a member state of the European Union discover how to become the official organiser of the next European Youth Event (local EYEs)!
The European Parliament is providing financial support through grants to two non-profit organisations to organise the event that will take place in spring 2024.
What is European Youth Event (EYE)?
The EYE (European Youth Event) is an event that aims to bring together thousands of young people from all over the European Union to share and shape their ideas on Europe’s future.
It is a unique opportunity for 16 to 30 year olds to interact, inspire each other and exchange their views and experiences.
A lot of experts, activists, influencers and decision-makers will also be participating in the event.
What will the local events be like?
The event will be focusing on promoting European values and wants to give the opportunity to young people to collaborate and share their views and opinions about their life in Europe.
The events will be:
- Organised under the EYE spirit and branding, and designed to be accessible and inclusive
- offering a diverse range of activities to attract as many young people as possible.
- involving as much as possible cross-border cooperation
The events must take place before the end of May 2024.
Follow up actions should take place until the European elections (6-9 June 2024).
The activities during the events
The organisations responsible for the locals eyes are free to propose some activities.
The activities could be:
- non-formal education activities by young people for young people
- concerts, theatre, dance and acrobatic performances, art and photography exhibitions by young artists
- leisure activities (concert, party) for the evenings
The goals of the events
Expected outcomes for the events are the following:
- promoting democratic values
- fostering the representation and participation of citizens in the European democratic life
- promote the youth vote at the next European Elections 6-9 June 2024.
It is important that through the activities chosen by the organisations the following objectives will be promoted, through non-formal education and fun activities.
The requirements for participation
All those who meet one or more of the following requirements can apply as event organisers:
- Non-profit making organisation
- private legal persons constituted and registered as legal entity for at least three years at the time of application
- legal persons based in one of the Member States of the European Union
- legal persons with no political affiliation
The total budget is EUR 220.000 for both projects. The maximum budget per project is expected to be EUR 110.000.
How to apply
To participate you can send your application through the official website. The deadline is set for 5 September.
For more information on this opportunity we recommend to consult the official website of the project.