Are you interested in incorporating young people into your international activities? Do you want to learn about funding opportunities for your local projects? Join the SALTO Seminar on European Solidarity Corps: Activating Citizens – Municipalities/Local Authorities Making Use of the European Solidarity Corps.
The seminar will take place online on 13-20 June 2023 from 9:30 to 15:00 CET and is hosted by the Cyprus National Agency for E+ and ESC, the SALTO European Solidarity Corps Resource Centre, and the European Goes Local network. If you want to know more, keep reading!
Overview of the Seminar
The main aim of the seminar is to motivate and support municipalities to make use of the European Solidarity Corps Programme as a tool for social cohesion and solidarity. The seminar will explore how to bring sustainable added value to the local community by supporting the active engagement of young people in voluntary activities or solidarity projects.
The SALTO Seminar on European Solidarity Corps will:
– Present the funding opportunities of the new European Solidarity Corps Programme 2021-2027 to demonstrate how the programme works in practice.
– Highlight inspiring examples from Cyprus, other European countries, and the partner regions that illustrate how municipalities and their youngsters can benefit from the European Solidarity Corps.
– Showcase how volunteering within the European Solidarity Corps can foster social innovation, inclusion and can lead to a sustainable added value in communities.
– Offer space for networking, exchange of good practices and counseling through group work sessions.
– Present other opportunities for municipalities such as Erasmus+ and CERV that want to strengthen their existing networks through involving the young generation will be part of the seminar as well.
Target Group and Application Procedure
This seminar is recommended for a diverse range of participants including youth workers, leaders and project managers, policy makers, as well as representatives from municipalities, local authorities and youth councils and clubs.
This Seminar is for 30 participants from Erasmus+ Youth Programme countries Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia. If you’re interested in participating, you can submit your application until 23/05/2023. The deadline to apply is 23 May 2023.