As per tradition for 5 years now, the Erasmus Days are being celebrated in October. The 2021 edition sees a special attention to the priorities of the new Erasmus Plus Programme 2021-2027:
- Promoting inclusion and diversity;
- Making projects ‘greener’ and encouraging environmentally sustainable and responsible behaviour among participants and participating organisations;
- Supporting the digital transition through projects and activities that boost digital skills, foster digital literacy and develop understanding of the risks and opportunities of digital technology;
- Promoting the participation of young people in democratic processes and civic engagement.
The 5th edition of the Erasmus Days will take place on October 14th, 15th, and 16th, and will qualify as a whole celebration of the Erasmus Plus Programme.
The event runs under the supervision of the European Commission, and nationally under the coordination of the National Agencies. It brings together all the European countries, plus extra-EU countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey), and the partner-countries. It is still uncertain the participation of the United Kingdom.
The event running over three days involves participants and beneficiaries, across all sectors, in a bunch of events, testimonies, meetings, conferences and presentations.
In the past edition, the Erasmus Days have seen an high participation, with more than 5,000 events in 82 countries.
What To Do
Even if the event will take place in mid-October, the Nationa Agencies encourage participants to already start preparing. The Erasmus Days 2021 in fact will be a great occasion to:
- Share your own Erasmus Plus experience;
- Disseminate the results of your projects;
- Find out the news about the Erasmus Plus Programme 2021-2027;
- Have a confrontation with other organisations;
- Build new partenerships.
The National Agencies warmly encourage everyone to take the initiative and organise an event under the Erasmus Days. The beneficiaries of such encouragement are: schools, institutions, universities, resource centers, organisations, cooperatives, associations, NGOs and more.
How To Participate
In order to organise an event, it is necessary to:
- register the event on the European map, filling out the form available online;
- write a short text (max. 550 words) with the information on the event;
- add an image/picture that represents the event;
- select the thematic area, the typology of your event;
- if the event refers to an Erasmus Plus project, it is possibile to attach a brief description of the project itself;
- your event will be revised and approved by the editorial staff.
Your participation happens also on sociale media! Remember to use the hashtag #ERASMUSDAYS, to promote your event too.